Friday, January 21, 2011

As Bar Bacon Celebrates its Third Year I become reflective

     So this was the reason, and the start of Crazy Viking. This is when I first got into the promotion biz on my own I was fresh out of working at Sonar and wanted to do something fresh and different. I loved the folks at Sonar but I didn't just want to do music events. I've always loved cheap thrills and getting people together to just have a good time. As it just so happens, in January of 2009, Jim Meyer approached me about working with him to do Bar Bacon. The idea was simple; find a place where we could relax, enjoy ourselves and laugh our asses off. And wouldn't you know it the stars aligned again and along came Sam and Thomas, co-owners of Golden West Cafe offering up their space for the night. The first Bar bacon was nuts. It didn't start on time, the bar tenders were over worked, and people ended up sitting on the floor due to lack of seating. Since then Bar Bacon has had its ups and its downs but has managed to have the staying power few monthly events ever achieve. It's not perfect and it always unpredictable, and I love it.

     As we enter this third year of Bar Bacon I realize that this was the event that really started it all for me as a private promoter. Time and time again this is the event that reminds me of why I promote in the first place; to help people have a genuinely good time. Now as I look back at the past three years at Golden West, I'm blown away with all the things we've done individually and collectively as a team. I see that Bar Bacon is still at its center as a great way for people to finish a month and start a new one. We love laugh hysterically and cheering for people gutsy enough to get up there and try to make us laugh. Looking forward I can't wait to see what this year holds for myself, the Golden West and Bar Bacon. I'll be there next Friday eating Tater Tots, drinking a beer, and of course laughing my ass off. I hope you can make it too. Starts at 11pm on Friday the 28th. See you there.    
Super Friday Yeti Hugs,
Neal


Click here to remember why this shit is so so awesome.

No comments:

Post a Comment